The Hillsboro Inlet Lighthouse made its’ first rotation in 1907 when the keeper climbed the 175 steps to light the kerosene lamp for the first time.
In 1936, the Lighthouse was electrified and was, reportedly, the strongest light in the world at the time. Over the years, the Lighthouse has seen numerous restorations and is still functioning to this day.
The lighthouse is now maintained by the Hillsboro Lighthouse Preservation Society and is open for occasional tours
For more information about this incredible landmark, please visit: